We all have bad habits, some more so than others.However, when these habits prevent you from progressing in life or living up toyour full potential, then it’s time to ditch them. It’s not about attainingperfection but more about living an authentic life and being someone that othersenjoy being around.
The following as some things we should fight againstdoing if we are serious about being happy in the long as well as short term.
1. Jealousy:That green-eyed monster means you no good. Many a relationship, career andfriendship have ended because of this negative emotion.
2. UnnecessaryDistractions: We all get distracted but the trick is to not stay in thatmode. Focus on a goal and have incrementchecks to ensure that things are moving at a steady pace.
3. Procrastination:This trait has been the cause of many missed opportunities. It’s okay to put off doing the laundry; it isnot okay to postpone looking for a job or paying your bills.
4. Drama:Some people have drama buzzing around them like flies on a cow patty! Avoidmix-up.
5. Self-doubt:This makes you fearful of taking chances and risks and without risks there canbe no real rewards. No one is saying be reckless but at least be reasonable.
6. Lack of confidence:This and self-doubt work as a formidable pair to try and conqueor you but youneed to see yourself in a favourable light, even if you have to fake it until you get it.
7. Indecisiveness:You should at least have a basic idea of what you are good at and work fromthere. No one has all their ducks in a row but write down the pros and cons ofwhat you like doing and use it as a launching pad to narrow down your options.
8. Lack ofDiscipline: Without discipline you won’t get very far in life. Sometimes it’sjust a matter of getting up early for work or handing in an assignment on time,just stop with the excuses.