Intermittent fasting meals after breaking the fasting period are considered more important than fasting itself, as during recent times the intermittent fasting system has become very popular among thousands of people who suffer from obesity and a significant increase in weight, and within a short period of following this system has proven its strong effectiveness in reducing Weight and get rid of fats and grease accumulated in the body, so it is one of the ideal options to treat the problem of obesity through its role in scheduling daily meals to obtain the maximum benefits.
Intermittent fasting is one of the types of healthy diet regimens that have achieved great popularity in various parts of the world, and it is done by restricting food intake during a certain time that may reach up to 20 hours per day, such as the fasting system in the month of Ramadan with a slight difference, which is allowing hot drinks Which includes medicinal herbs without adding sugar, and the possibility of drinking water during the fasting period, as the intermittent fasting system depends on the times during which food must be eaten, while it is not focused on eating specific types of foods.
The benefits of intermittent fasting
Intermittent fasting has become currently one of the most popular health trends for fitness and fitness in many Arab and Western countries, and this is after scientists have proven that stopping eating foods for a specific period gives the body more time for the process of digesting foods, and increasing the chance of burning extra calories, and this in itself makes The body is more effective to get rid of excess weight, and get a fit and ideal body, and during the following points we will explain to you the most important benefits of intermittent fasting that make many people rely on it mainly in their diet:
- Intermittent fasting helps to lose excess weight and get rid of fats accumulated in different areas of the body.
- It is also an aid to promote proper digestion and reduce the feeling of craving for binge foods.
- This is in addition to the role of intermittent fasting in stimulating the stubborn fat burning process that accumulates in the abdomen and buttocks.
- This magic diet also reduces gastritis and improves digestive function.
- It also plays a major role in treating distraction and improving the process of comprehension, attention and remembering.
- Intermittent fasting controls blood pressure levels and reduces sudden high or low blood pressure.
Intermittent fasting meals
Intermittent diet means stopping eating during a certain period ranging from 8 hours to 20 hours a day, or preventing eating twice a week during 24 hours, and for the rest of the day, foods are eaten divided into three different meals between each meal for at least two hours. Or, it is possible to eat only two meals between four or five hours, for example, and this depends on the number of fasting hours, and there are some basic steps that must be followed to ensure the success of the intermittent fasting system in reducing excess weight, which are as follows:
- The first step is to reduce the intake of foods that contain starches, such as pasta, white rice, bread and toast.
- The second most important step in the success of intermittent fasting is to reduce the number of times you eat foods.
- Third, you should eat high amounts of protein foods during intermittent fasting meals, which include eggs, meat, chicken, fish and legumes.
- Among the important steps also is that there are some contraindications for drinks during fasting periods between meals, such as: milk, and juices that contain sugar.
Examples of intermittent fasting meals are foods
Here, we will present to you two of the most delicious recipes that can be used during intermittent fasting meals in the main meal:
Stuffed colored peppers with cheese
- This recipe can be relied upon as a nutritional meal, and is a recipe for stuffed peppers with cheese instead of rice.
- This recipe is prepared with the regular stuffing mixture, but the rice is replaced with any type of cheese such as mozzarella, parmesan or cheddar cheese.
- Then cheese is mixed with parsley, dill, coriander and tomato juice, with salt, black pepper and cumin.
- After that, fill the pepper fruits with this mixture, and stack them in a tray and place them in the oven.
Moussaka Casserole With Minced Meat
- The moussaka recipe with minced meat can also be used as one of the main recipes for lunch.
- It is prepared by sautéing peeled and sliced eggplant in a little butter or olive oil.
- Then the regular tomato sauce is made by sautéing the onions until they wilt and yellow in color, then add tomato juice over it and leave for a quarter of an hour.
- In another saucepan, mince the minced meat in an onion, chopped on a fire, with the addition of a grain of salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- Then, add all the ingredients, which include eggplant, tomato sauce and minced meat, in a large saucepan.
- And put the pot on the fire with the addition of a little water until the eggplant is well cooked.
- Then the ingredients are poured into a tray and spread an appropriate amount of cheddar cheese and placed in the oven for ten minutes.
Examples of intermittent fasting meals at breakfast
As for here, there is no need to be confused about choosing recipes that fit breakfast within the intermittent fasting meals, and it is possible to vary between these delicious recipes, and they include the following:
This recipe is one of the very healthy recipes that are preferred during breakfast, it is based on protein-rich eggs, and a mixture of vegetables that contain a high proportion of vitamins, and is prepared by:
- Whisk 2 eggs with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Then add to the eggs, slices of black olives, diced tomatoes, slices of colored pepper, and a little cheddar cheese.
- Then, the ingredients are poured into a large bowl greased with butter or olive oil, and they are removed after five minutes after the eggs are completely done.
Salmon Roll With Cheese
Salmon roll recipe with cheese is one of the most delicious and healthy recipes that are recommended to be eaten within intermittent fasting meals, as it is prepared by individual salmon slices, painted with Vladivian cheese, then rolled into a roll and eaten.
It is also possible to choose this recipe for breakfast, which is made by pouring tuna into a large plate, and adding to it sliced slices of lettuce and parsley, and long slices of green pepper and colored pepper, then add drops of lemon juice and white vinegar.
Intermittent fasting drinks
As for the drinks that are allowed to be consumed during intermittent fasting, they are as follows:
- Drink a cup of black tea without sugar or green tea.
- Have a cup of plain coffee, preferably immediately after eating breakfast.
- Drink natural herbal teas such as basil tea, chamomile tea, clove tea, or mint.
- Drink very large quantities of water during the fasting period and between intermittent fasting meals so that the body does not become dehydrated.
And this was the end of our topic on the concept of intermittent fasting and what are intermittent fasting meals that are commensurate with breakfast time and lunch time, as we mentioned to you the most important intermittent fasting drinks with the need to completely stop consuming natural fruit juices or canned juices because they contain a high percentage of sugar and replace them with herbal tea.