Santos is under pressure and terminates his contract with Robinho, convicted of rape

10

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

Santos is under pressure and terminates his contract with Robinho, convicted of rape


Saturday – 1 Rabi ‘al-Awwal 1442 AH – October 17, 2020 CE

Brazilian player Robinho (AFP)

Sao Paulo: “Middle East Online”

Brazilian football club Santos announced that it had reached an agreement with its player Robinho to terminate the contract between them, in light of the pressure exerted on the team against the backdrop of the conviction in Italy of the former international player for rape of a young woman in 2013 while he was in the ranks of Milan.
A few days ago, Robinho returned for the fourth time to Santos, who started his professional career with him in 2002, before joining Real Madrid, Milan, Italy and Manchester City, signing a five-month contract.
“Santos Football Club and the player Robinho announce, according to a joint agreement, that they have decided to terminate the contract they signed on October 10, so that the player can focus exclusively on defending the case in Italy,” said a statement published by the club on its Twitter account. According to what was reported by the French Press Agency.
While Robinho (36 years) said through a video: “With great sadness in my heart, I inform you that I made the decision with the president of the (club) to end my contract at this turbulent time in my life.” “My goal has always been to help Santos Football Club.”
He continued, “If my presence constitutes a disturbance in any way, it is better to leave and take care of my own affairs.”
Since the news of his signing with Santos, the club has come under increasing pressure from fans, the media and women’s groups to annul him, due to a nine-year prison sentence issued by an Italian court in 2017 for gang rape in which Robinho participated.
The attacker, who was once described as the successor to the legendary Santos Pele, has appealed the conviction, confirming that he is innocent.
However, the club’s sponsoring companies threatened to withdraw if he stayed in Santos, and the “Globo Sports” channel broadcast excerpts from a recording of Italian plaintiffs that they used to prove their guilt. She does not even know what happened. ”
The former international was convicted of participating in the gang rape of a young woman in her twenties with a group of her buddies at a Milan nightclub.
Santos, who also raised current star Neymar, has so far resisted pressure to split from Robinho, insisting that the case was still ongoing.
Robinho began his career with the club in 2002 before joining Real Madrid in 2005 and from there to City in 2008 before moving to Milan in 2010, with whom he played four seasons.

Brazil

Brazil

Football in Brazil

sport

football

Source : vistabuzz

- Advertisement -

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.