The best sunscreen for normal oily or oily skin prone to acne is a sunscreen with a lightweight base, such as one that contains alcohol, whether its consistency is spray or gel, and it is necessary to use the sunscreen correctly to achieve the best protection, for example it must be applied to the entire face, And only a thin layer, and apply it at least half an hour before going out. So that the skin can absorb it, and it can be reused every two hours if the sun exposure is more than an hour.
The best sunscreen for oily skin
As with any skin care product, the products below can suit many people, and may not suit them, and it is best to try free samples, if any, until you find a sunscreen that matches perfectly with the skin, and here are the best types of sunscreen for oily skin:
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Sheer Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30.
- EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid.
- Olay Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30.
- CeraVe Skin Renewing Day Cream.
- Nia 24 Sun Damage Prevention Broad Spectrum SPF 30 UVA / UVB Sunscreen.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 Sunscreen.
Masks for oily skin
Oily skin masks reduce skin oil well, but their long-term effect is negative, unlike natural masks, in addition to being easy to prepare and always fresh, and here are the best oily skin masks that can be prepared at home:
- Lemon and yogurt mask: The citric acid in lemons controls the secretion of natural oil, while the lactic acid in yogurt naturally cleanses the skin.
- Orange peel mask: Orange peels control the shiny complexion, and orange peels can be dried in the shade first, then use their powder in the mask.
- Egg white mask: Egg white is a cleanser for pores, and it can reduce its size and remove dirt from the skin, and it can be mixed with yogurt for a double benefit.
Oily skin lotion
The most important step for oily skin care is to cleanse it using a suitable lotion for it, and the best materials are natural substances although they do not provide an immediate effect like chemical washes, and the following are the best household cleansers for oily skin prepared at home:
- Ice water.
- Chamomile lotion: Soak chamomile in boiling water, leave it aside for an hour or more, and then wipe oily skin with it.
- Mint soaked: Add clean and fresh mint leaves to boiling water, let it cool down, and then wash the oily skin with it.
- Mint and lemon tea: Soak mint leaves and clean lemon slices in hot water, set aside to cool, then wipe oily skin with a cotton ball.
- Boiled water and cucumber: Soak cucumber slices in boiling water, leave to cool, then wash the oily skin with it.
Oily skin treatment
Many things can be done to treat oily skin from excess oil, and among the best steps for that:
- Choose your skin care products carefully: The package must be non-comodinic, and the product must contain active ingredients to maintain the sebum glands, such as benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and zinc.
- Use only water-based makeup or oily skin care products.
- Avoid washing the face often.
- Do not use toners that dry out oily skin, such as apple cider vinegar toner.
- Not to use creamy makeup because it gives oily skin a lumpy appearance and allows pores to appear.
- Use of skin care products that contain retinoids; Because it reduces the size of the sebaceous glands and the secretion of sebum.
dermnetnz, How to choose and use a sunscreen , 9-24-2020
healthline, Choosing Our Favorite Sunscreens for Oily Skin , 9-24-2020
doctor.ndtv, Top 5 Facial Masks For People With Oily Skin , 9-24-2020
stylecraze, 12 Simple Homemade Toners For Oily Skin , 9-24-2020
prevention, How to Get Your Oily Skin Under Control, According to Dermatologists , 9-24-2020