Three attorneys hired by the Trump campaign in a lawsuit in Pennsylvania have announced their withdrawal from the case Monday night.
This is the second time President Trump’s attorneys backed out of representing the campaign in the case this week.
Attorneys Linda A. Kerns, John Scott, and Douglas Bryan Hughes filed a motion to withdraw from the lawsuit, saying they “have reached a mutual agreement that [the Trump campaign] will be best served” if they left the case.
Three days ago, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur, also withdrew from the case.
Additionally, a law firm in Arizona backed out of representing the Trump campaign in a separate lawsuit last week.
On Monday, Judge Matthew W. Brann ordered Scott and Hughes withdrawn from the case but did not comment on Kerns’ request to withdraw.
Trump campaign legal advisor Jenna Ellis said in a statement Monday that the Trump campaign will now be represented by Harrisburg, Pennsylvania-based Attorney Marc A. Scaringi.
“Our substitution of local counsel is consistent with routine managing of complex litigation,” she said.
The Pennsylvania case will be heard in court on Tuesday for oral arguments despite the last-minute change in the campaign’s legal team.